Market Detective is my original, five-step, graded system for doing market research on any freelance copywriting job.
It is as close as possible as you’ll get to a step-by-step system for doing market research.
Ask your client this. Check their answers for X, Y and Z. Call up this person, and say that. If that’s not enough, go to this website, and look for this. Send a survey to this list, and write these specific questions.
And — so on. Until your job is complete.
But here’s the important part:
This course is NOT just a list of actions, or questions to ask your client, or videos on how to browse Reddit.
I mean, I do show you every single step of the process.
And, I show you in more depth than any other copywriting course out there (because, frankly, who else has an entire course dedicated just to the research process? They always wedge that into one module!).
But that’s nowhere near all I have to show you in this course.
In fact, it’s probably not even the thing you will find most valuable.
The reason Market Detective is different is that it is also …
The first and only course that shows you HOW TO ONLY DO THE RESEARCH YOU NEED TO DO.
No more … and no less.
Here’s what I mean:
You do NOT have to call up 5 of your client’s customers on the phone, go out and buy the product, and create a 67-page customer avatar for every sales page you write. Especially if you’re earning just $250 to write it.
On the other hand … sometimes trawling Reddit and Amazon for hours from the safety of your computer (like many courses teach you) is just NOT ENOUGH for the job you’re doing.
But … HOW do you know when to do the different kinds of research? And when to stop?
THAT is what is totally unique about this course.
Market Detective gives you a five-stage, graded system for knowing exactly what and how much research to do on any job.
And I guarantee you have never seen anyone tell you this system — because I invented it.
Once you finish this course you will know with crystal clarity:
- How to ONLY do the minimum research necessary on any job, while still writing good copy (so you aren’t spending 10 hours researching a webpage you’re earning $200 for)
- WHICH tools to use for your research on any given job (and which you can safely ignore)
- The EXACT questions to ask your client when starting the job (so you don’t look like an idiot later)
- Step-by-step instructions for what to do when you “can’t find anything good online”And, you’ll also discover …
5. EXACTLY when to stop your research!
I know we’re only 5 bullets in, but let’s be honest, you were skimming already, weren’t you?
Well, I want to pause for a moment on this one.
One of the BIGGEST problems copywriters have is knowing when they can ‘stop’ doing research.
Well, with Market Detective, that’s not a problem.
Because I give you five distinct ‘stages’ of research to go through, in order.
And you get exact, step-by-step instructions for WHEN to move on to each (with actual project value dollar amounts and “if-then” questions about your project) …
… or if you can stop researching there.
It took me a LONG time to work this stuff out … and I think you will find my system extremely helpful and time-saving.
Okay, a few more things you’ll know once you finish Market Detective…
- How to know when you’ve found your market’s true, deepest pain (the one that makes them BUY)
- How to avoid being ‘tricked’ by misleading feedback — and even judo-flip it into sales copy on the spot (I show a live video of how to do this exact thing)
- When you DON’T have to call people to do research (and, IF you do actually need to — which is much rarer than you think — how to do it and what to say)And … which is probably MOST exciting of all …