“What if I launch a product that nobody wants to buy?”
Most of us, when we want to ship a product, we start at the beginning and with the most obvious ingredient: the product.
Because when you can create, the act of creating feels most natural and straightforward.
But it makes it so easy to end up with a product that nobody wants to buy.
And isn’t that every new entrepreneur’s worst nightmare? All that work, and nobody cares.
Failure. Not even dramatic failure — a flop, a fizzle.
A product that nobody wants to buy.
Let’s press pause that horror scenario for a moment and consider the alternative…
What if you knew that your product would launch to happy customers and predictable sales on day one?
If you knew exactly what your customers want, you could simply show them how to get it.
You could stop cringing, “But I’m not an expert…” because you’d know exactly how to help people.
You could stop worrying, “Will anyone want this?” because you’d know they do.
You could stop wondering, “What if they don’t like it?” because you made it just for them.
You could kick your fears to the curb and get shit done.
You could launch your new product to an excited list of people who trust you, who happily pay for things, and who want what you have to offer them.
You might even hear the magic words: “SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!”
You could make sales your very first day.
You could revel in that magical feeling that only comes when you round-house kick your fears in the face and watch ’em run away, sobbing for mommy.
Plus, earning money by helping people.
Freedom from the hamster wheel of hourly work. The taste of success that comes from a stranger on the internet buying a thing that you made.
Imagine never worrying and wondering “will anybody buy this thing I made?”
What if it was more than possible….what if it was repeatable?
How can you create predictable, repeatable sales?
When you start out by making something – that something being the “product” in your product business – the best you can do is hope that someone will want it enough to whip out their wallets and buy.
Cuz the goal of a business isn’t just to make things.
Alone, as the last person on earth, you could make things.
You can’t sell things unless you have people who want to buy.
Customers are the pivotal ingredient in success. The one thing you cannot succeed without.
So, if you want to launch to instant sales, you must start with the customer.
Figure out what they need. And what they want. And what they’re willing to buy — to pay for, to read, to use, to share, to recommend.
Then figure out a way you — yes, you! — can give it to them.
When you learn what your would-be customers need, want, and are willing to buy (read, share, use, recommend), you also learn…
- …what content will attract them. No more begging for traffic! 🙏
- …what CTA will compel them to subscribe. Watch your email list grow. 📈
- …what you can do to earn their trust. People who trust you want to buy. 🤝
- …what price will seem fair — or like a steal. Set premium prices with confidence. 💸
- …what emails they’ll open. 25-40% open rates? No problem! 💌
- …and what sales copy will open their wallets. 💰💰💰
When you start with the customer everything becomes clear and a whole lot easier.
You can redirect the energy you would normally pour into fretting, freaking out, and thrashing into kicking ass.
You can make a plan. Execute that plan. Get shit done. Build your list.
And of course, build a product that your audience needs, wants, and is ready to buy.
And then launch, to sales sales!
Learn and practice focusing on your customer, from the comfort of wherever you are, by joining 30×500.
When you enroll in 30×500, here’s exactly what you’ll do:
- You’ll pick your audience. It’s easy, promise.
- Then learn how they tick.
- And understand what they need, want, and are ready to buy.
- You’ll create valuable content and resources that help build your reputation, earn trust with your audience, and of course build your traffic!
- Then convert your new readers to subscribers, and then into enthusiastic buyers.
- You’ll learn how to use the most systematic process ever to generate infinite product ideas, with no genius or flash of inspiration required.
- And practice drafting persuasive sales copy that opens wallets, even if you “suck” at writing!
- You’ll create your product, of course, using our techniques for keeping scope in check and shipping on time.
- And you’ll execute a launch that builds momentum and anticipation
The systems, techniques, and processes you’ll learn in 30×500 have been developed over 8+ years and by observing the successes and struggles of 1,000+ students with their launches generating in combined student earnings.
If you use the process, the process works.
Yes, process — it’s the least sexy word in the world, but the right process will help you conquer your fears, get you out of your own way, and do the most valuable work of your life .
The 30×500 map will show you where to go, when, and most importantly, how! Instead of flailing around trying random things, you’ll be able to follow a clear path. And, with our active alumni community, you won’t be on that path alone.
You could start shipping to your audience within a day….
When you enroll you get instant access to:
- Nearly 100 action-packed lessons: 60+ video lessons, over 20 step-by-step exercises, and 15 step-by-step tutorials.
- A collection of hand-picked book recommendations, 9+ self-study guides, and additional bonus lessons from the vault of past 30×500 versions.
- A digital watercooler to meet your product-shipping peers, to share, and ask questions in our 24-hour, alumni-only chat room.
- And free updates to course material as we make 30×500 better and better!
30×500 Alumni Success Stories
- Richard Felix had built over a dozen apps. What was different about Stunning?
- How Brennan Dunn’s product empire started with a challenge (and a trip to Ireland)
- Justin Weiss put his side-project energy into building a side-business.
- Scott Hurff went from stuck to launching two courses for designers…
- Jason Forrest used 30×500 to transform his SaaS for truckers
- Chris Hartjes used our advice to negotiate a 4 day work week.
- Emile changed his entire lifestyle selling products. But first, he had to try.
- Jim Gay had a product, but it wasn’t selling
- Rob Williams launched to one subscriber, and almost gave up. Almost.
Syllabus Details: Here’s exactly what you’ll learn…
The entire 30×500 curriculum is designed for action, to help you get positively addicted to success, and to do it one tiny win at a time. Our video lessons are carefully edited to brief, bite sized chunks (generally between 7 and 15 minutes each) and organized to give you results as fast as the laws of physics allow.
And we’ve ruthlessly cut anything that might stand in your way: you won’t find a lick of hand-wavey theory or rehashed Medium advice in here.
If you put in the work, you can get your little wins from the very first hour. Really!
Here’s how the lessons are are organized, across two parts:
Part 1: Read Their Minds
Your first assignment will be to find your audience and read their minds…stat!
No customer = no product. Customers come first. So in Part 1 of 30×500 Academy, you’ll start building your customer base right away.
Scared you don’t know how? Don’t worry, we’ll show you exactly how, step by step. You’ll jump right into Sales Safari, our battle-tested research technique.
Cuz you’re already surrounded by solid gold market research, it’s just invisible. With Safari you’ll finally learn to see it. You’ll become a quick study at spotting pain points… pain points you can start addressing within the very first hour.
By the end of Part 1: Read Their Minds, here’s what you’ll have done:
- Tap an infinite, endless list of ways to reach and help your audience with bite-sized marketing magnets (we call them Ebombs), and start shipping Ebombs right away
- Earn readers trust and start to grow your email list, the PROVEN best sales channel ever
- Start creating and writing in ways that makes your audience go “OMG, it’s like you read my mind!”
- Creating a connection, reputation, and relationships with your audience and building a long term source of traffic, straight to your site.
Every 30×500 lessons is designed to get you into action.
You’ll complete guided (and timed) practice exercises, with a practice audience that we’ve assigned you. And then you’ll put it into action on your own audience, without a minute wasted.
We’ll help you see the big picture of how each step connects. How the marketing content you create today will keep working for you, and lead you to launching products you can be confident your audience will pay for.
By the end of Part 1, you’ll be stacking up the little wins left and right. 💥
Get psyched, cuz in Part 2 you’ll build on your momentum and go after bigger wins and shipping your product to paying customers.
Part 2: Build the Business
You’re starting to really understand your audience. You’re growing a following. They’re loving your work, and want more. Awesome! Go you!
Now it’s time to Build the Business.
Now you’re gearing up to design a product and ask your audience for money. The stakes are higher. The level of detail needs to be higher, too.
So in the second half of 30×500 you’ll learn to analyze and understand the more complex, nuanced pain in your audience. Sometimes that pain is less obvious, other times it’s downright hidden. You’ll learn to find and use it all. You’ll learn about the words, worldviews and beliefs that repel and attract your people like magnets. You’ll master Safari ne plus ultra.
By the end of Build the Business, you’ll have practiced and be able to:
- design and create more types of successful of Ebombs.
- reverse engineer your audience’s pain into the products they need and want.
- write pitches (aka persuasive product descriptions) that make your customers reach for their wallets.
- plan and scope your very first tiny product, one you can ship in weeks instead of months.
- plan and create your very first launch, using all of the techniques you’ve learned to create a symphony of sales.
And every element will be specially tuned to your audience.
What type of product? What will it look and feel like? How will people use it? How should you price it and launch it?
No guessing. It all comes from your Sales Safari data.
And once you experience how the “boring” Sales Safari gives you mind-reading superpowers, you’ll never again revert to “great idea” spray & pray. You’ll never again waste time building something nobody wants.
The 30×500 Guarantee: Our promise to you.
We care more about our students’ success than taking their money. Easy to say, but for years we’ve actively turned away students who had to borrow money to take the course, students with unreasonable expectations for their financial success, students not equipped to make a product, and students who don’t seem willing to do the slow work to build a business incrementally.
We’re honest to the end about the level of effort, skills, and other ingredients required. Here’s a list of the top reasons you would NOT want to do 30×500, including personality types and audience types that are not recommended for this course and approach.
We expect you to be honest about your best effort to apply the process that you learn. This is NOT a get rich quick program, or a startup lottery. Following the 30×500 process takes time, and effort… but it does work. Your wins might seem small at first, but if you keep going, they’ll become bigger wins before you know it. You don’t even need to get things perfect to get great results. In most cases, doing things 20% right will get you better results than doing nothing.
If you take the small, unsexy steps: if you follow the steps to do Safari research, take notes, and review them; if you ship Ebombs that help people in your audience and add them to your list; if you practice each element of the 30×500 process and still DO NOT feel like you are making progress 90 days after you begin doing the work, we will try to work with you to identify what’s missing. And if that doesn’t work, we’ll give you a full refund.
Amy Hoy & Alex Hillman – 30×500 Academy Contains: Videos, PDF’s
Screenshots (Click to enlarge)
You must be logged in to post a comment.