Master the 7 Most Lucrative Web Writing Projects and Transform Yourself into an In-Demand Web Writer in as Little as 3 Days All from the Comfort of Your Own Home!
Web Copywriting Intensive Home Study
(Recorded in Austin, Texas, February 26 March 1, 2017)
Yes! Im excited to gain full access to everything revealed at AWAIs 2017 Web Copywriting Intensive.
I know the information shared there will give me what I need to become an in-demand web writer because attendees of Web Copy Intensive have proven it year after year for the past 10 years.
This is my chance to join them and:
- Acquire the skills to write the most profitable web copy projects like optimized website copy, blogging, content marketing, Search Engine Optimization, emails, social media, funnel building, and more.
- Download the Web Copy Intensive resources that live attendees received before, during, and after the presentations including any handouts, supplemental materials, examples, and templates.
- Gain access to personal copy feedback and Spec Assignments that open the door for me to get real clients, right away!
Seven In-Demand Web Writing Projects That Clients Are Ready and Willing to Pay Top Dollar for
This years Web Copy Intensive is all about whats working online now.
That means, youll learn how to write the fastest growing and most lucrative web copy projects. Web copy that clients are very likely to need in todays marketplace
Well begin with a solid (and necessary) foundation in web copy
BONUS Session to Get You Started:
The Fundamentals of Writing and Optimizing Website Copy
Since 1998, Nick Usborne has focused exclusively on marketing online. He is internationally recognized as a leading expert writing for the Web. His online copy clients include Disney, John Deere, The Getty Trust, the U.S. Navy, The New York Times, America Online, and Intuit.
After hosting Web Copy Intensive for the past 10 years, we understand how important it is to help you get a firm foundation in web copy basics. Theres just no getting around it.
However, we also learned that “basic training takes time away from the more advanced information and techniques you need to really serve your clients.
Thats why this year were doing things a bit differently.
To ensure you build the proper foundation in web copy right away, well grant you immediate access to a pre-event session attendees were given to ensure everyone arrived at the live event with a solid foundation in writing web copy.
In this exclusive, bonus foundational video and audio course about the fundamentals of web writing, Nick Usborne will:
- Quickly get you up to speed with the crucial differences between writing for print and writing for the Web.
- Show you how to impress your clients by writing effective homepages, information pages, sales pages, and more
- Give you an inside look at the most important strategies hes developed, including 22 master-level optimization tips for website pages, emails, and e-newsletters.
- And much more!
Considering all youll learn from Nick, this additional 6-hour fundamental training is like receiving an extra day of Web Copy Intensive absolutely free!
When youre finished, youll feel fully prepared to jump right into your first Web Copy Intensive event training video
Web Copy Project #1: Funnels
Let me explain how a funnel concept applies to web writing
Basically, a funnel is all the pieces of web copy a prospect sees when making a buying decision. This includes the copy on the form where they enter their email address all the way to the checkout page. Most funnels even include a follow-up process such as emails.
What this means for you, the writer, is a lot more projects and higher overall fees. Just think about the fees I mentioned earlier
- $75-$350 for each Pay-Per-Click (PPC) ad
- $950-$3,000 per landing page
- $150-$1,000 per email in a follow-up series
With just a small funnel that includes only these three essential pieces, you can easily charge each client $1,175 to $4,350!
Can you see how quickly your web writing fees can compound when you focus on several types of copy and build entire funnels?
And, who better to teach you than the funnel master himself: Ryan Deiss
Creating a Copy Funnel for Your Clients:
Leading Prospects to the Big Sales with Ryan Deiss
Ryan Deiss is the founder and CEO of Digital Marketer. Over the past 36 months, Ryan and his team have invested more than $15,000,000 on marketing tests and generated tens of millions of unique visitors. They also sent well over a BILLION emails, and ran approximately 3,000 split and multi-variant tests.
Ryan is also a popular speaker and consultant whose work has impacted more than 200,000 businesses in 68 different countries.
Heres a snapshot of what youll learn in Ryans power-packed session:
- How to craft a selling system to transform strangers into rabid buyers.
- How to build an 8-step “Value Journey” that predictably and profitably turns strangers into friends, friends into customers, and customers into raving fans.
- The exact messaging (both text and imagery) that should always appear at the top of a homepage.
- How to craft a one-sentence “Statement of Value” that makes website visitors exclaim, “TAKE MY MONEY, NOW!!”
- The 4 steps to plugging a “leaky” conversion funnel and increasing the value of existing leads and customers.
- How to use “entry point offers” to maximize your immediate conversion rates.
- and much, much more.
Ryan will even walk you through effective funnel examples one designed specifically for the B2C market plus another for the B2B market!
So, no matter which type of clients you work with B2C or B2B, youll know how to produce effective funnel copy that gets you hired again and again.
Web Copy Project #2: Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Ads
PPC ads are one of the most valuable forms of web copy
At a rate of $75-$350 per 95-character ad, its easy to see why. (Thats shorter than a tweet! And, if you like instant feedback and measurable results, youll love writing these short simple web copy projects.)
So, what are PPC ads? Theyre the ads that appear right at the top of a search engines results page. If you do a quick search on Google, youll immediately see several examples. Heres a screenshot showing PPC ads from Google, which you may already recognize as, Google AdWords:
When it comes to PPC ads, your fees dont end with $75-$350 per ad. Here are two powerful ways to help your client and earn steady, repeating income for yourself:
- Create a Full PPC Campaign. This involves putting together all the creative for a PPC campaign keyword research, 10 different ads, a landing page, the welcome page, and a welcome email. Fee: $1,000-$2,500 per campaign
- Manage a Pay-Per-Click Campaign. You can also manage the entire process on an ongoing basis. This includes placing, managing, and continually testing the PPC ads, and then tweaking the copy as needed. Your monthly fee will depend on how many ads your client is running, but you can expect $500-$6,000 per month (or 15% of PPC ad fees spent by client).
Now, you can see why PPC ads are such a desirable (and profitable) entry point for working on all types of web copy
Powerful PPC, Banner, and Social Ads with Brian York
Brian York started his first business at 11 years old, teaching his friends how to code in DOS on an Apple IIe and attempting world domination through a 9600-baud modem. His early love of technology spawned an entire career in direct-response online marketing.
Specializing in paid and organic search marketing with a passion for the technical intricacies involved Brian has 16 years of experience. During that time, Brian generated millions of leads and hundreds of millions of dollars for global direct-response publishers.
In this session, youll learn directly from Brian York, one the best marketers, teachers, and experts out there today on PPC ads
Im willing to bet that youll love Brians dynamic teaching style as you discover:
- What exactly is PPC (it may not be what you think!).
- The fundamentals of PPC campaigns and other online ads.
- How to write ads: the precise steps needed to win valuable search traffic!
Then, Brian will walk everyone through a workshop and youll get to watch as he critiques attendees ads.
By the time Brian is finished, youll have a solid education in PPC ads and you can start earning $75-$350 per ad right away!
Web Copy Project #3: Business Emails
When it comes to web copy, emails are one of the most effective ways for businesses to stay in contact with existing and prospective buyers.
Did you know that 72% (7 of 10) of consumers prefer to be contacted by email?
Whats even more surprising is 28% of personal emails are transactional, meaning consumers opted in to receive them.
Last year, email marketing was the most effective digital marketing channel for customer retention in the United States (per the Chief Marketing Officer Council).
Now, you can see why email writing presents such a rewarding writing opportunity. Just look at the interesting (and profitable) types of projects you might do:
- Stand-Alone Emails. Reach out and grow sales with special promotions, invitations, and more. $250-$2,000 per email
- Autoresponder Emails (Also known as a Follow-up Series). Deepen customer relationships and/or drive follow-up purchases. $150-$1,000 per email
- E-newsletter/E-zine. Maintain customer loyalty with regular issues filled with tips and offers. $800-$1,500 per issue. (Plus, e-newsletters are sent a minimum of once a month which means recurring, steady pay for you!)
So, how can you get assignments like these?
Weve brought in business email pro, Gary Hennerberg, to show you
Email Copy that Works Today:
Proven, Tested Formulas for Subject Lines and Body Text with Gary Hennerberg
After writing, testing, and reporting on thousands of emails for Target Marketing, Gary is widely recognized as a specialist on email marketing trends that work. Hes also the author of Direct Marketing Quantified: The Knowledge is in the Numbers and Crack the Customer Mind Code: Seven Pathways from Head to Heart to Yes!
Gary is a former marketing and product manager and agency executive. He has reinvented his skills several times in his career, successfully transferring traditional offline marketing principles to online media. He has also created and overseen hundreds of marketing campaigns that have reached tens of millions of households and businesses around the world.
Gary has worked with companies of all sizes, in a wide variety of categories including technology, financial services, gifts, credit, insurance, publishing, membership organizations, and many more. So, Gary knows what it takes to impress clients, win their business, and get results for them.
Heres just some of what Gary will reveal in your Web Copy Intensive Home Study Program:
- Crack the Email Copywriting Mind Code: Seven Pathways from Head to Heart to YES!
- How to use intended ambiguity in your subject lines and why its powerful.
- Using mind curiosity to stimulate opens and clicks.
- Growing your fees by offering multivariate testing strategies to your clients.
- What email marketing automaton means to you and your paycheck.
- Thinking through the flow: making sure every possible action is addressed.
Im sure that after hearing Gary speak, youll feel confident writing effective emails for clients. Not to mention that youll be able to charge professional rates like $150-$2,000 per email.
Web Copy Project #4: Content Marketing
Did you know that 70% of B2B marketers create more content than they did just one year ago? Its true.
So, you might be wondering: Whos going to write all that content?
The answer is you!
Companies now realize that skilled web writers are needed more than ever to achieve their content marketing goals
Here are some of the most popular projects you might cover as a content writer
- Articles: Keep visitors coming back to a website or blog and support SEO strength with fresh copy. $300-$800 each
- E-books: Create high-impact downloadable materials that showcase your clients expertise and success. $2,000-$7,000 each
- New Web Pages: Write professional, compelling copy for new products and services. $700-$1,200 per page
This year, were bringing in the best-of-the-best, Brian Clark, to quickly get you up to speed!
Content Marketing Beyond Blogging with Brian Clark
Brian Clark is a serial entrepreneur based in Boulder, Colorado. Hes the founder and CEO of Rainmaker Digital, the company behind Copyblogger, StudioPress, Rainmaker FM, and the Rainmaker Platform.
Brian began publishing online in 1998. Within one year, he had his first entrepreneurial success powered by what is now known as content marketing. He went on to launch two additional offline businesses using purely online marketing and infrastructure, attaining even greater success.
Rainmaker Digital never took any venture capital, and the company made it to eight-figures in annual revenue without advertising. It was the Copyblogger audience that provided the catalyst for the multimillion-dollar digital commerce company he heads today. And its this success thats made Brian one of the most recognized pioneers of the content marketing industry.
Brian will reveal (for the first time) his process for developing a winning content marketing strategy for any niche or industry.
His simple three-step process will go beyond a passive lecture. Hell actually give you his hands-on who-what-how method so you can use it over and over for yourself and your clients.
- A tried-and-true approach to understanding exactly whom your ideal prospect is. Plus, how to identify the hot buttons that will propel them to click the buy button.
- The mythical method for knowing what information your prospect needs to choose your product or service and exactly when they need to receive it.
- The creative copywriting approach that allows you to craft messages exactly how the prospect needs to hear that information.
When Brian is finished, youll be able to develop an effective content marketing strategy that positions you as a valuable ally to your clients.
Web Copy Project #5: Social Media
I bet youre already quite familiar with social media. So, lets look at how this popular and high-paying area of web copywriting will help you expand your entire writing business
First, check out what Nick Usborne (one of the most successful web writers on the entire planet, whom I introduced you to earlier) had to say:
Compared to other online writing and copywriting gigs, social media writing is incredibly easy.
Because you do it already! Youre already a social media writer and marketer. Whether you use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, or some other social media channel, you already know how it works.
Here are a few social media projects you might be asked to handle for your clients:
- Social Media Setup: Create an inviting page with robust About content. $500 per setup
- Social Media Management: Facebook, Twitter, and More: Consistently grow your clients social media audience with posting, and monitoring 1-2 hours per day, 5 days per week. $1,000-$2,000 per month thats $100-$200 per hour!
- Social Media Ad Campaign: Attract Likes, Shares, and conversions with super-targeted social ads. $500 per campaign
And, get this: Most social media writing is needed on an ongoing, monthly basis. Thats why this project can easily bring you full-time pay for part-time work.
For instance, managing just four social media accounts could pay $4,000 to $8,000 per month in recurring income. (Assuming you charge the industry standard rate of $1,000 to $2,000 per month for each account.)
Which is amazing enough but even more remarkable is the fact that each account takes just minutes per day check in, reply to potential customers, and share relevant content with followers.
Its as simple as that!
Social Media Marketing and the Rise of Mobile with Nick Usborne
In this session, Nick will show you everything you need to know to master social media, including
- How social media marketing can be used to reach more people, attract attention, engage an audience more deeply, and transform strangers into buyers and true fans.
- How to identify and use the social media platforms that will deliver the best results for your clients.
- Get ahead of other freelancers by showing your clients and prospects how mobile is playing an increasingly important role in online marketing. (Go mobile or go home!)
When hes finished, youll feel 100% confident in your skills as a web writer and as a social media writer.
Web Copy Project #6: Blogging
Up next, youll learn all about blogging a BIG part of web copy and something nearly every client needs
- A survey from WebMarketing 123 shows that 60% of surveyed B2B brands have a blog. (In addition, 49% of surveyed B2C marketers have a blog.)
- 54% of the most effective marketers publish new content daily or multiple times per week (according to SproutWorth.com).
- HubSpots State of Inbound report, listed blog content creation in the first position on their list of Top Inbound Marketing Projects in North America.
Those key statistics show you why blogging is one of the most marketable types of web copy. And, it pays really well too!
Just look at the typical industry rates for blog writing:
- Blog Post: Single, topic-specific blog posts, written for readers and SEO. $250-$800 per post
- Blog Editorial Calendar and Post Series: Continuously generate new traffic with ongoing, strategic posts. $500-$800 per calendar and $250-$800 per post
All this the demand, the pay, the wide range of possible clients is why weve dedicated an entire 2017 Web Copy Intensive session to blogging
And, you get full access to the entire recording with the Web Copy Intensive Home Study Program
Always Be Blogging:
Companies Need This More Than Ever! with Jon Morrow
Jon Morrow served as Associate Editor of the famous Copyblogger.com for more than four years. He managed dozens of writers and contributed some of the most popular articles on the site. During that time, he also helped grow Copyblogger to more than three million page views per month!
Then, in December 2011, Jon decided to branch off from Copyblogger and launch his own online brand. He taught smart, hard-working writers how to get the attention they deserve by starting a blog. That site went on to become a $100,000+ (PER MONTH!) business with more than 100,000 email subscribers.
Now, if youre at all skeptical about creating your own successful career writing web copy, let me tell you something else about Jon
He has a fatal, neuromuscular disorder called Spinal Muscular Atrophy. He says, Here I am speaking into a microphone and essentially getting paid to change the world. If my fingers worked, Id pinch myself.
In this session, Jon Morrow famous writer, blogger, entrepreneur, programmer, professional speaker, marketing strategist, and social media guru will leave you completely inspired as he shares:
- A behind-the-scenes look at exactly how he wrote five blog posts that captured the attention of more than 1 million visitors each.
- A step-by-step guide to getting an avalanche of traffic for your clients (or even yourself!).
- The skills you need to get paid 10-20X more than anyone else offering content marketing services.
When Jon is finished sharing his knowledge, youll know more about blogging than 99% of writers out there. In fact, I guarantee it (but more on that in a moment)
Web Copy Project #7: Client Websites and SEO
Pam Foster is a Certified Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Copywriter and web content consultant for multi-page sites and online promotions (emails and landing pages)
Shes the founder of ContentClear Marketing and PetCopywriter.com, AWAIs Director of Copywriting Training, AND the author of three valuable AWAI programs: How to Choose Your Writing Niche, Site Audits Made Simple, and Working Effectively with Web Clients.
Pams diverse 30+ years in Marketing Communications include work for dozens of clients such as: L.L. Bean, MyPetED.com, DirectVet Marketing, Lifelearn, BRL Sciences, and IDEXX Laboratories.
As Pam Foster often says, One of the most common client problems we can solve is answering this question: Why isnt my website working to bring in traffic or drive sales?
The answer is often related to CONTENT QUALITY. Thats why, during her session, Pam will show you how to
- Solve your clients top 10 content mistakes with her handy checklist this alone will make your clients see you as a superhero
- Add in Pams diagnostic Site Audit (which shell walk you through step-by-step) and you have the recipe for a full web copy business just from this one project type alone.
- Help your clients identify why their content isnt working (including Search Engine Optimization, mobile-responsiveness, and other must-haves) and you can easily earn $1,000-$2,500 per audit!
Thats just the beginning. Often, clients will hire you to carry out your recommendations giving you even more ways to profit.
I cant stress just how valuable Pams session will be for you. By the time shes finished sharing her proven tricks of the trade, youll feel 100% confident in your ability to solve your clients content problems and write web copy that will simply blow them away.
When you register today, youll:
- Get immediate access to your bonus from Nick Usborne. This additional 6 hours of training on the fundamentals will help you form a solid (and necessary) foundation in web writing. When youre done, youll be able to outperform and out profit 99% of other writers on the planet.
- Learn firsthand whats working online today. Plus, what clients look for and how to write the most profitable web copy projects. All from the best, most sought-after web writers
- Get a rare opportunity to submit your assignments for personal review. Our goal is for YOU to be 100% confident in your ability to create effective web copy that will impress clients And to provide you with polished samples you can use to land your first clients.
- Gain access to Spec Assignments that open the door to real clients, right away!
- Download the Web Copy Intensive resources that live event attendees received before, during, and after the presentations. This includes any handouts, supplemental materials, examples, and templates. Youll even get access to the speakers presentation slides.